We’ve all been there. Being late and giving our bosses the most creative excuses we can ever come up with. We came up with a list of excuses we’ve heard at echoVME so far:
1. I woke up late today
It was a miracle I was able to reach office this soon! Phew!
2. My dress got torn, I had to go back home to change it.
My poor, poor dress! *bursts out sobbing*
3. Didn’t get the bus.
OMG! OMG! I hate these buses! Argh!
4. Had Puja at home.
I had to help mum with the puja and all…
5. Had a stomach ache.
One word: UNBEARABLE!
6. Have a family problem.. bear with me.. I will come on time next week (continues to come late next week too)
Um…..I uh…..mom’s not well (fumbles)
7. My bike got repaired
My stupid bike decided not to work today. *facepalm*
8. My bike got punctured.
….because, my life. Is, awesome *double facepalm*
9. Heavy traffic due to the school around me.
I was busy yelling at the kids pah they didn’t let me pass only!
10. I slept late last night!
I uh, I slept late last night….
11. Mom/Dad not well – emergency!
*sob story* *hides face and runs*
12. Went to Petrol bunk and the billing machine was not working had to wait.
Stupid guy took so long to get my bill!
13. In my area No Auto is coming.
Those darn autos!
14. Had to go to Bank.
2 words: No. Money.
15. I dashed a car while I was learning to drive.
Whoever said learning to drive was easy, has not dashed their car against anyone else’s.
16. I broke my spectacles, I cannot manage without it.
“My glasses! I can’t see without MY GLASSES!”
17. No electricity at home last night, hence no water in the morning!
TNEB is awesome, that’s why. *facepalm again*
18. The Gas was on and I had to go to turn it off
*gasp* What if I accidentally set my house on fire? I have to go check now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19. Black Cat Crossed my way, I had to go back home!
Why did the cat cross the road?
So I can go late to office yay! :/
20. I had to go to Doctor – it was an emergency!
And I’m better now yaayy!
But having said that, there are also souls who have never given an excuse at all. A big salute to these wonderful people!
And it’s said that this is the expression they give, to the bosses 😀