Search engine optimization also abbreviated as SEO consists of all the activities intended to improve the visibility and ranking of the website in organic search results. It is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic and the improvement of unpaid results and excludes direct traffic and the purchase of paid placement. By quality, it refers to attracting visitors who are genuinely interested in the products that you offer. And by quantity it refers to the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
Table of Contents
- Why SEO is important is because
- Let’s know what are the on-page techniques of SEO for 2020
Why SEO is important is because
1. Search engine optimization is the key tool for website makers to bring more traffic to the website. The optimization must get traffic to maintain the level of the search engine and get repetitive visitors. These are the main aim of SEO.
2. As we know SEO plays an important role in online business websites but also other sites that are interactive in nature. If the website is updated with content and is more interactive it gets more traffic. Link exchanges and subscriptions to feeds also are very crucial to enhance more traffic to the site.
3. As SEO generates a good amount of traffic based on specific keywords used, it generates more revenue for e-commerce websites. Many e-commerce sites to get success, rely on SEO, and generate more traffic.
4. It helps you maintain your position on search engines like Google, yahoo, safari, and a few more. It can also help you monitor your website by getting the rank to know the status of your website.
5. The search engine optimization helps the optimizer to look for new keywords or specific keywords to get more and new traffic. Many SEO tools are used to get articles or automatic text submission.
6. SEO’s only goal is to get the traffic and appear in the first five pages of the search engine and also get repetitive visitors on the owner’s website. Hence every business needs SEO to keep their business maintain their position or even upgrade it in google or any other search engine. It is the responsibility of the SEO to keep the website on the front runner page of any search engine.
There are many types of SEO, amongst them, are on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
On-page SEO is the measure that is taken directly within a website to improve its rank in search engines. HTML, title tags, alt tags, and such are the foundation for on-page SEO which are optimized and the content in which the keywords are used are the basic strategies of on-page SEO. It also deals with the quality of the content, it’s structure, and page performance. If you use any link that is not the link of your website, on another website for page ranking, this is known as Off-page SEO.
For example, It also includes your promotion methods, taking into account the amount of exposure something gets on social media. There are more and more techniques coming up every year of on-page SEO.
Let’s know what are the on-page techniques of SEO for 2020
1. Increase site speed
Site speed is an important factor you need to maintain while running a website. If a site is very slow, then you are never going to have a good impression on the search engine. Your visitors also always like it when the site uploads fast, within 3-5 seconds.
Best practice: Decrease your image file size, Minimize your CSS, JS Scripts
Header Tags defines the structure and purpose of the article. The search Engine always crawls the headings firstly before paragraphs. So while posting articles use header tags and in small articles header tags like H1, H2, H3, and such are used. You should always wrap the line in header tags that are introducing the nature and type of your article.
Best practice: Use keywords in your header tag, Use header tags in a hierarchical structure
URL is the combination of characters with the website address and words after it is separated with a slash. URLs are very important for on-page SEO. Try to keep the URL ending words as short as possible since there are more chances to get a high ranking if the URL has fewer characters included in it. The URL should be generated according to the title or topic of the article.
Best practice: Use keywords in URLs, same as short and sweet, avoid using underscores
Outbound links play a major role in On-page SEO techniques. Mostly the search engine crawls all the links inserted in a webpage and creates an outlook about the webpage. Once the page gets familiar to the search engine, it will start showing the website in its higher rankings for related keywords.
Best practice: Link to Wikipedia websites, relevant websites having high authority
Internal links are the strategy where we give links to our web page. To do this, you have to add the links of your existing article to your new article. And if you have a better performing webpage, you can add the link of that webpage to your new webpage to get an external boost to it and deliver some traffic to it too.
Best practice: Provide links only wherever necessary, avoid a link to the same page in the same article many times.
6. Meta tag and description
Meta elements are tags used in HTML and XHTML documents to provide structured metadata about a Web page. This is the data filled in the head section of a webpage. Proper meta tags should be used and descriptions on the webpage that are relating to it. But proper meta tags should be used and should be researched before using them on the internet.
Best practice: Provide a unique and keyword-rich description and relevant to the page.
7. Keyword research and stuffing
You must do some research on what people are writing on the search engine to find the information about the approached article. You can use this after you have found an article to write about and then insert the keywords in the article. You can use the keyword one or two times per 200 words in your article. Overstuffing of keywords many times results in algorithm penalties to the website.
Best practice: Use LSI keywords, do not intentionally insert keywords in the content
8. Use image and image optimization
If you want to make your articles more engaging and attractive, you can make use of images. Search engines also prefer images and videos and they can be used to make your articles easy to explain. But they need to be free of copyright and clear high-quality images.
Best Practices: provide alt tags, keywords in the filename
These are a few techniques that are used for on-page SEO. Do comment below if you know or use any other techniques besides these.